People Out Loud: Unequivocal – You have a choice on vaccinations, your employer does too

October 2021 Posted in Uncategorized

Social Media is rife with misinformation, especially in the chaos of COVID. 

Lazy people use it as their “research.” VAERS is the “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System”, a reporting system co-managed by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). People grab stats at random from VAERS and then perpetuate inaccurate data to anyone who will listen. 

The truth is this – VAERS collects data and does not necessarily verify its validity. One claim made is that “There have been more deaths from COVID-19 vaccines than deaths from the actual virus.” SNOPES, the well-known and independent fact-checking site, rates that as 100% false, yet there are still idiots pushing that nonsense. 

According to a recent American Medical Association survey, nearly all U.S. doctors – over 96% – are vaccinated against COVID-19. Why do you suppose that is? 

CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, says the surge in hospitalizations and deaths related to COVID-19 makes it the “pandemic of the unvaccinated.” 

From the AMA site, “In July, the AMA and nearly 60 other organizations representing physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health professionals signed a joint letter calling for all health care and long-term care employers to require their employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.” 

Dr. Anthony Fauci is one of the most recognized experts in the world on infectious diseases. He believes in the vaccine, social distancing, the efficacy of handwashing, and wearing masks. He has worked across Democratic and Republican administrations. What is his motive for making up stuff? What is the AMA’s motive for pushing vaccines? What is the CDC’s Dr. Walensky’s motive for pushing masks,
social distancing, and vaccines? The greater good. Duh. 

Sure, Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson have motives – profit and great branding. Who would not want to be the pharmaceutical company that came up with a solid solution to a world-wide pandemic? I am OK with them making a profit if the vaccines work. The data says they do. No, they are not 100% effective. Yes, you can still get and spread COVID. Yes, you could have a hospital stay. But your chances of surviving COVID with a vaccine is
much better. 

The impact of COVID on vaccinated people has been proven to be less debilitating. Think of it this way: the sign says you have a 10% chance of being eaten by a rabid Bengal Tiger if you choose Door A. Door B gives you a 90% chance of being devoured. Statistically, which door seems prudent? 

On masks – do they work perfectly? No. Are they annoying? Indubitably. Do they help? Without a doubt. 

In simple terms for those who do not like actual research but love colorful car analogies? You race your crimson Lamborghini down the Bonneville Salt Flats. Nothing in the way. 250 MPH. Sweet. Now bring in fog. Bring in speed bumps. Bring in the old produce truck that invariably shows up on TV during a high-speed car chase, unintentionally blocking the police’s pursuit of a bad guy. Do these barriers slow down your Lamborghini? Not to be repetitive, but “Duh.” 

Masks help slow down the spread, say good people who are much smarter than most of us in research and science and have no other motive except the public’s best interest. I am ALL for the greater good. Like wearing a seatbelt and not smoking in a car full of soccer kids. 

Another fact, for those who say the vaccines were just whipped together in a couple of hours – experts across the planet have been looking at SARS-CoV issues for about 20 years. 

According to an article from the National Institute of Health (NIH), a “Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak caused by a “Novel coronavirus” emerged in China in late 2002. Given the magnitude of suffering COVID-19 was and is bringing, and the speed with which it was doing so, why is it surprising that the best medical and scientific minds in the world quickly ganged up on it to stop or at least slow it down? Then assessed those vaccines millions of times. And finally went from “Emergency” to “Full” FDA approval, in record time? 

I am unapologetically in favor of masking, social distancing, handwashing until my hands look like a Shar Pei’s face, and vaccines, until people I trust say it is no longer necessary. Am I fearful? No. Cautious. I am hardly a “Sheep.’ 

To those who say, “If you are so afraid, stay home!” I say, “You, the unvaccinated, are the most risk to society. YOU stay home, so the 95-year-old can enjoy perhaps his last Oktoberfest without some unvaccinated, unmasked food handler coughing in his face while handling him his cabbage roll.

Finally, mandated vaccines for certain professions? Let me say unequivocally, you have the right to decide to get the vaccine. Free country. Your choice. 

Likewise, your employer has the right to make vaccines a condition of continued employment, like the ones you took to get the job in the first place. You have your patients, the most vulnerable people in society, to be concerned about, and your peers. God Bless all front-line workers in hospitals, care facilities, schools, law enforcement, fire protection, and others who fought this beast over the last 22 months.

A special thanks to those who stay on the job when we need them most.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.